Tuesday, January 7, 2014

texas christmas - days 11-12

On Thursday, almost the whole family went on a walk/run around Town Lake.  Cassy and I opted out, so that we could go shopping for Laura's baby shower that was happening on Saturday.  Cassy and I were in charge of the decorations, so we went to Target and Michael's for some supplies.  After lunch, all the kids (except Christian and Jed) and about half of the adults went ice skating.  I had no toddler to chase after, so I had a great time!  I spent some of the time skating alongside (or backwards in front of) my nieces and nephews, and some of the time skating alone.  It started to get really busy toward the end, and by the time we left I wasn't too sad to take off the uncomfortable skates and get feeling back to my feet!

Micaela and Amara were supposed to arrive that night, but their flight got delayed and they didn't get into Austin until much later than they anticipated.  So they stayed with their mom that night, and she dropped them off in the morning - the rest of us were visiting the LBJ library, but Dave waited for the girls and 3 of them met the rest of us at lunchtime.

We went to LBJ library Friday morning, which was interesting as always (I've been a couple of times before).  Leslie had a slight altercation with another mother at the museum, who demanded an apology from Christian (4) for pushing her daughter (2) when her daughter came up to take something away from Christian.  None of us claimed that Christian should have pushed the little girl, but the mom got a little crazy about it.  They are both toddlers, for goodness' sake!

We went to the Salt Lick, a family BBQ place, for lunch.  After lunch we drove to the LBJ historic site and did the driving tour.  By this point Jed was napless and beyond tired, which stressed me out a bit - so I switched cars with Scott, who had been riding with Leslie.  I decided it was better to have Scott ride with Jed rather than me, because as long as I didn't see Jed awake and tired I could pretend that he wasn't.  I knew I was only trying to fool myself, but hey, it worked!  As soon as I got in the car with Leslie I calmed down considerably.


No comments:

Post a Comment