Wednesday, June 4, 2014

texas trip - days 5 and 6

Thursday I set Jed up with a new activity - playing with toys in the bathtub fully clothed.  I turned the faucet on so it was just dripping, gave him some cups, cars, and little figures, and let him at it.  It kept him quite entertained and contained for about an hour, and I decided it was my new best friend.  We do this at home in the bathroom sink and on the bathroom floor, but I had never thought of doing it in the bathtub for some reason!


My mom and 2 of my brothers, Daniel and Jeremy, were able to come over Thursday afternoon and hang out for a little while.  Jed had to go down for a nap shortly after they got there, but Daniel and Jed chased each other around the yard for a little while and we all talked after Jed went to sleep.  I love my brothers and was very happy to see them!



I also love my son. :)


Friday was a hard, hard day.  Jed was tired of being cooped up at the house the previous 4 days (except for our one short trip to the park), and he was a wild child.  By the time we got to nap time, I was SO done with him - and then he wouldn't go to sleep.  He screamed and screamed.  And then sang songs to himself.  And then cried.  And talked to himself.  And called out for me.  And screamed.  After 2 hours of this, I finally went to get him - but I was angry to the point of tears (partly from the guilt of being so angry).  Laura came home to find me a mess, which I felt so guilty about (she's trusting me to take care of her house and her baby, and I'm supposed to be helping out, not adding stress to her life by falling apart!).  But she was sweet and understanding, and later that evening asked Amara and Micaela to watch Jed while I went on a walk around the block with her and Dave to get some fresh air.  I was glad for the weekend!  We planned a trip to the zoo for Saturday morning to get out and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment