The other day, we went back to Adelphi Mill Park and found the same bridge that we had thrown sticks off of a couple weeks prior. We checked the stream to see if any of our sticks were still stuck, and added more to the water.
On Thursday the 14th, Jed and I had the chance to see Looking For Roberto Clemente at Imagination Stage. We liked it so much that we got tickets to go again in May when Don and Carol were in town.
We love a great piece of live theatre!
Saturday the 16th, Jed was invited to a birthday party for twin girls that we know: Madison and Kendyl. He at first insisted that he wasn't going to go, but we slowly convinced him to go ("Let's just get the a present." "Okay, how are we going to get it to them?" "We don't have to go into their house if you don't want to, let's just drop off the presents and see if anything fun is going on..."). The Hyattsville parade goes right past their house, so they always plan the girls' birthday party for the day of the parade and end the party in the front yard to watch. Jed LOVED the parade because they threw candy at us. He kept yelling, "Hey guy! Give me more candy!!!" and "Hey, do you have any candy for me???" and "Candy!!! Yay, I love this parade because I get CANDY!"
I left from the party and drove straight to my dad's farm in Virginia for my Grandpa Jack's 80th birthday party. I didn't take Scott and Jed because it was such a quick trip, but I wanted to go and be there for the family celebration. I drove back early the next morning. We went out to eat at a German restaurant, where my Grandpa Jack gave each of his sons family heirlooms as gifts (we told him that it was his birthday party, so HE should be the one to get gifts, but he basically said, "It's my birthday, and I'm 80 years old, I can do what I want."). Then we went to my Uncle Charles' house for cake, ice cream, and presents. I got to see the progress on my dad's farmhouse, which is being expanded this year before my dad and Debbie move to live there full-time.
The following weekend, I helped my friend Melissa by watching her girls for a couple days while she went with her husband on an overnight trip. It was their last chance to enjoy some time together alone before their baby boy came along a month later. Overall the girls were great and Jed had lots of fun with them - the only real trouble came in getting them out the door in the morning for preschool! But we spent most of both afternoons at the park, to keep the kids busy and entertained. My visiting teacher Allison met us at University Duck Pond the first afternoon, and my visiting teaching companion, Sophie, came with us to Watkins Regional Park the second. The extra help was appreciated!
Some friends of ours that we had only known for a few months but grown close to were moving back to Utah at the beginning of May (we knew this from the beginning). So we made sure to hang out with them as much as we could in those final few weeks. We went with them to Buddy Attick Park at Greenbelt Lake, and played and walked and fed the geese. Jed had so much fun that afternoon that we went back that evening to have a picnic dinner with Scott.
At the end of April was Maryland Day, which I've worked for the last few years. It is a full day of hundreds of events going on all over the University of Maryland campus, free and open to the community. It is tons of fun. I worked exclusively in the Kay Theatre this time, where we had Irish step, opera, swing, madrigal singers, and hip-hop dancers. Jed came to Maryland Day with Scott, and while they spent a lot of time down near the science buildings (where they have the wind tunnel, tornado in a bottle, dry ice, robotics, and all the other cool exhibits!), they did come visit me in The Clarice (Performing Arts) for a bit. In the scene shop, they had a giant dumbbell that they had made for one of the recent shows. The kids had fun lifting it up and thinking they were SUPER strong.
Over the last few months we have spent many hours building train tracks, and some of them have been quite elaborate! When flat became old news, we started making use of megablocks to prop the tracks up for multiple levels. Jed actually did these almost entirely alone. Here are a few of the tracks we built:











No comments:
Post a Comment