Thursday, January 19, 2012

a piece of heaven

No, despite the title, this post is not about Blueberry's arrival.

As can be expected from a woman who is 40 weeks pregnant (today!), I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom A LOT.  In an effort to get comfortable (a very relative term these days), I have a fortress of pillows and blankets built up around me, to the chagrin of my husband - whose share of the bed has increasingly decreased over the last few months.  And to climb in and out of The Fortress requires crossing the moat, scaling the walls, slipping in through the battlements, and waging a pillow war with the ones that try to suffocate me (but I always put them in their place).  It's a good thing that Scott isn't a light sleeper!

But last night, every time I returned to bed, it was like climbing into a cloud.  I sank into the softness, the cloud giving way under the pressure of my body but still supporting my weight just perfectly.  Every joint in my body that was previously achy whispered a soft "thank you" as it was accepted by the bed that magically offered the ideal amount of counter-pressure.


I've wanted a memory foam mattress or mattress topper for a long time now, and Scott's parents recently got one.  They became so convinced of its miraculous powers that they told us we HAD to have one...so now we do!  Kohl's had them on sale for 50% off.  Put a 30% off anything coupon on top of that, and you have...

A pretty good price for a little piece of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment