The babies were very curious about each other, though they're both too young to really play together. They mostly took each other's toys - because whatever one was playing with, the other one desperately wanted - and they would kind of 'trade', but then they each REALLY wanted the thing they had in the first place, just because the other one now had it. Luckily for both of them, their naps were exactly opposite of each other - so they only had so much time to play. While Andrew was sleeping, Jed and I went to the park a couple of times - but I'm still a little traumatized by my fire ants episode from last summer, so we never stayed outside for long. We also took a trip to the library.
Sarah came over on Wednesday and took Jed and I to Chick-fil-A for lunch and to play on the playscape - which Jed loved. There was a 6-year-old boy who came to play while we were there, and he fell in love with Jed right away.
He tried to carry Jed around, and would “help” him up and down the stairs. He played peek-a-boo with him in the tunnels, and spun the wheel with beads in it around to make Jed laugh. At one point he had to go outside the playplace area to eat his lunch, but he solemnly swore to Jed that he would “be right back – I promise.” Jed stood by the window and sadly watched him eat. When he returned, the little boy announced to me (very seriously), “I think he [Jed] thinks I’m his Daddy.” I responded that Jed probably thought he was a new friend, but he replied, “Umm no, I think he thinks I’m his Daddy.” When we finally left, the little boy started sobbing. Sarah explained that we had to take Jed home to give him his bottle, which was at home. The boy wailed, Whhyyyyy did you have to leave it at hooooome?” like it was a horrible, horrible thing for us to have done. It was so sad but so, so cute!
Here are a few more pictures from Audrey's house those few days:
| Yes, Jed ran into a wall while he was wearing my hat. No, it didn't faze him. |
| Jed successfully climbed all the way into Andrew's walker, which was pretty impressive. |
| Jed loved Aunt Sarah's glasses! |
No comments:
Post a Comment