Wednesday, May 8, 2013

texas trip: days 4-6 & 8

On Sunday we went to church in my old ward, and I saw a couple of old friends.  Sarah and Chris took Jed while I went to my mom's Primary class, then he came with us to Relief Society and had a great time with Sarah's sunglasses:

He put these on by himself.  Can you tell?

Monday-Friday we spent lots of time having fun around the house: playing card games, watching movies, doing a jigsaw puzzle, playing with the dogs, watching Jed run around in circles, and talking. But the fun didn't stop there.  We went on walks, to the park, and swimming.  Jed loved all of it!

Jed was pretty excited about Timothy's motorcycle.
Timothy is pretty excited about it too.


This baby LOVED the pool!

Jed and his Uncle Daniel!
Jed thought climbing into the dog kennels was pretty fun.
I just tried not to look.

On Tuesday night we met extended family at Olive Garden - my brother Jeremy works there and had a shift that night, so we decided to go crash it.  Plus they have a gluten-free menu now and I wanted to try it out (it wasn't terrible, but they only have one option so I wasn't super impressed.  But what do you expect of an Italian place?).  By the time we got home it was past Jed's bedtime and he was a tired, tired baby.  Wednesday we drove to Houston to go to the temple - but that will get its own blog post.  On Thursday night, my mom, Timothy, Jeremy and I went to see The Merchant of Venice at Curtain Theatre - the only Elizabethan-style theatre in Austin.  It was rather cold, and I was glad I brought my sweater.  I was even more glad that I was able to buy hot chocolate and rent blankets for $1 each!




No comments:

Post a Comment